Category Archives: Random Stuff
Thanks so much Gabby & Autumn! You two are too generous!
Instructions for the award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award
4. Nominate 7 bloggers or less
5. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated
So for the awesome bloggers I am choosing to pass this on to:
A great big thank you to Autumn & Gabby!
Rules for this award:
1.Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award to 7 nominees
Ok, let’s see now, 7 things about myself:
- My favorite thing to cook – boneless pork chops with a walnut-sage crust (I may have to share this recipe on my other blog, so easy and so very yummy! I think I will do that in the next day or so)
- My favorite beverage – Bud Light
- Favorite place to take a vacation – the Caribbean! 🙂
- I have a 14-year-old son who already thinks he’s “too cool for school” LOL
- I spoil my dogs rotten and they have me trained!
- I have come a very long way from where I was 8 months ago and I’m feeling happy again 😀
- My birthday is in exactly 2 weeks 😀
And for who I will now pass this on to:
Thanks to Fia for giving me this award!
This is the second time I’ve received this award, so let’s see what I can do about using some different answers this time.
This one is simple – to ‘accept’ the award you just add the ABC Award logo to your blog –and then you share something about yourself with your readers and then pass the award on to other worthy bloggers – there’s no limit to how few – or how many – other bloggers you can send this to.
To share something about yourself – you will need to go through the alphabet and choose a word or phrase for each letter and use that to describe yourself – it might be something about you, something you like, or a place or thing you dream about. And that’s all – no long descriptions or detail – just create a new post, add your shiny new blog award badge and alphabet words and let your readers enjoy finding out a little more about you.
|A||Amazing||B||Brainy||C||Charming (when I want to be)|
|J||Jolly||K||Kissable (for the right person!)||L||Laid-back|
|S||Smiling (more and more everyday!)||T||Tough||U||Unusual|
|V||Vivacious||W||Wicked||X||X-tremely cool 🙂|
Whew! Coming up with a whole second set of ABC’s is not easy! But I managed to only have 1 or 2 repeats from last time. 🙂
As for the nominations, this is the hard part as I’ve passed so many awards on to my fellow bloggers recently. And since I actually received this one not to long ago, I am going to decline passing it on to anyone in particular. Instead, I will invite any of my awesome followers who wish to take on the challenge of describing themselves using the ABC’s to please create a post of your own and pass this on as you wish. Enjoy!
The Sunshine Award, like all other rewards, has some rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
1. Favorite color: BLACK 🙂
2. Favorite animal: Dog
3. Favorite number:
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink:
6. My passion: Writing (now that I’ve gotten back into it!)
7. Prefer getting or giving presents: I’m a giver, but love to receive as well!
8. Favorite pattern: Tough one, I think I’ll go with pinstripe 😀
9. Favorite day of the week: Saturday, the one day a week that I don’t have to go anywhere or do anything unless I want to!
10. Favorite flower: Calla Lily
Now, according to the rules, I’m supposed to pass this on to 10 others bloggers. So here goes:
Granbee – Her writing is always interesting and fun to follow and she always has the most uplifting comments on my posts 🙂
wordcoaster – His poetry is always fun and can put a smile on my face 🙂
keltrustsnoone – She posts some of the most awesome pictures on a daily basis!
Eclipsing Winter – She writes amazing poetry, check her out.
sarahjaneprosetry – She has such a wonderful way of expressing herself through her writing.
pointsthruprose – A collaborative blog with such a wonderful variety of posts.
Isabella Rose – A truly talented young woman who does amazing art! 🙂
Ok, I know that’s not quite 10 and there are plenty more I could pick, but for now this is all I will be including.
It seems Arjun saw it fit to include me in this little game that I’ve been seeing explode amongst many of my fellow bloggers. This is a game where I’m supposed to answer the eleven questions provided and then I get to ask eleven questions from eleven other bloggers.
So let’s get started –
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
So for the questions he was kind enough to give to those of us he tagged:
- Describe yourself in one word. – AWESOME! 🙂
- Favourite childhood memory – Tough one, oh wait! I got it! Ok, Christmas morning when I was like 10 or 11 I think. I had asked for a bike and for the whole month of December there was this huge box in the corner with my name on it. I was positive it was my bike. My parents told me it was just a big bag of kitty litter. Christmas morning comes and I finally get to open the big box. It really was a big bag of kitty litter!! I cried and my parents laughed. Once the finally stopped laughing enough to breathe again, they told me they forgot to put the note in the box that my new bike was out in the garage. I have never let my mother live that one day, but it is funny as hell when I think back about it now!
- Best accomplishment/moment of triumph. – The day my son was born 😀
- Ur current job and what u wanted to be while growing up – I work in IT so I get to play on computers all day long and I never really knew what I wanted to be.
- Something that you are good at skill wise – Well, I just put in new flooring in my house and I think I did pretty good at that. And of course I’m pretty good with computers.
- Name one self invented superstition – I don’t think I actually have one of these.
- A real life story that you would definitely tell ur kids someday. – Hmmm, I’m sure I have some that I haven’t told my kid yet, but I’m not sure what.
- Name one regret that u have. – only one?? Geez, ok. Uh, not kicking my ex out sooner! 🙂
- If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be? – I would lose some weight and get back in shape. Oh wait! I’m already doing that! LOL
- Something that scares you? – My psycho ex.
- An experience that changed your life. – I’m going to go with the psycho ex again, the night he beat me up.
Now I know that I am supposed to pass this on with more questions. I, however, am going to be a bit of spoil sport and not pass this one on. Sorry everyone, I know you were all hoping beyond hope that I would be tagging you next, but alas, I will not be doing so. I will leave an open invitation out there however, for any of you reading this that would like to continue with the game, you are invited to answer the 11 questions above and tag others to your heart’s content. 🙂 Have fun!
Thank you so much Autumn & Gabby! They have once again bestowed upon me a lovely award.
Now this one comes with no rules attached, so for those I’m passing this on to don’t feel obligated to do anything with it. However, rules or not, I enjoy letting my fellow bloggers know how much I enjoy their blogs. And really everyone here on WordPress that I’ve run across are all so genuine that it’s hard to not do a neverending list of who to share this with. But as that list would likely be too long for anyone to make it through, I will keep it shortened to a few of my favorites.
So without further ado, I bestow this upon the following:
Gabby and Autumn have been generous yet again and have bestowed upon me this lovely award. Thank you so much ladies! If you have not already done so, I do encourage you all to check out their blog, it truly is lovely and always fun.
There apparently are no real rules for this award and there are no requirements for how many nominations should be spread.
So I have chosen the following blogs to pass this on to, they are all lovely and I do encourage you all to visit them if you haven’t already.